This is a comprehensive package that contains the following:
***** Instant Electronic Download *****
- Chanimal Sale Comp Plan Guidelines (MSWord). Created as part of a commissioned multi-company (enterprise to small–numerous well-known, respected software and hardware vendors) project reviewing top comp plans and getting detailed feedback from participants–to create the industry’s best comp plan. An 8-page document that describes the following:
- Variable and Fixed compensation mix (for short and long-term sales cycles)–including the typical base versus variable percentage by sales cycle
- Sales to Commission Ratios
- How Much to Pay – Setting up the Schedule
- How to Pay (base pay, commission, typical scenarios, multipliers, sales incentive bonuses, contest awards)
- What to Comp On (pay on profitability or revenue)
- When to Pay
- Setting the Quota
- Chanimal Sales Compensation Plan (MSWord). A 4-page template to present the sale compensation plan to the salesperson/manager.
- Chanimal Channel Sale & Marketing Manager Job Descriptions (MSWord). A two-part job description for a channel sales manager and a channel marketing manager. Describes the duties, budget, knowledge, and skills for each role.
- Chanimal Offer Template (MSWord) – Start-up, Director/VP level. Shows some of the elements of an offer letter to a Director/VP level candidate for a start-up (unique since many start-ups are not competitive and don’t have full health benefits)
- Sales Stats Worksheet Template (Excel). Spreadsheet used to track sales activity for a team so you can increase activity and skills via training and motivation. Ties in with the concept of The Game of Work.
This plan has helped companies around the world to create best-practice comp plans and contains the concepts needed to create an effective sales compensation plan, but it is also very pragmatic–having had to create and live with comp plans for large and small teams (and have been in good and bad comp plans).